May 27, 2013

I Remember You






Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
 
Today is Memorial Day. It’s a day set aside for remembering and honoring military personnel who died in the service of their country, particularly those who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained in battle.
 
My heart is grieved at the direction this country is headed. Our men and women fought, shed blood, and gave their lives standing up for our country, our families, our freedom, our beliefs … they left everything that they knew behind and headed out into the unknown, cold, scary world … and to know that all that is now being made a joke and it seems that no one cares or understands. Our freedom that our military suffered and gave their lives for is just being taken away from us like candy from a baby. We’re now listed as terrorists. Benefits are being taken away from those who are still alive. Those still serving are now being told they have to be willing to fight our own service men and women, I guess to defend the ‘outsiders’ rights. So sad what we’ve become.
 
The National Moment of Remembrance encourages all Americans to pause wherever they are at 3 p.m. local time on Memorial Day for a minute of silence to remember and honor those who have died in service to the nation. It’s a way we can all help put the memorial back in Memorial Day. 
 
To those who lost their lives, and to those who are still living … I will have you know service man/woman … you ARE NOT forgotten. You are a hero in my eyes. I honor you. I pray for you and your families. I thank God for you.

I remember you ... and I thank you.

Father, I thank You for those who have served in the military and have defended us to the end, even to the point of death. Be with their families, bring comfort and healing. Be also with those who are alive and are or have served in the armed forces. Protect, give peace, bring healing, give grace and provide for them and their families. In Jesus’ name, amen.